Updated this entry from 2008 to showcase the ability to see an archive of the web! I actually found the entire content of my now closed Yahoo Geocities Family links website which was the last incarnation of Dad’s Taxi.. Of course there is a gotcha.. all the links from this archive are links to the Archived version of the sites as they existed in 2008-2009! Now that is cool. So it’s like I have my own personal repository of a snapshot in time!
For 5 years from 2003 – 2008, I researched and compiled a mega-site for links for my kids and family. Of course, when Geocities closed, my site was gone till today!
My Geolinks Family Links site was the last incarnation of Dad’s Taxi that I had utilized to put together links my then pre-teen older daughter to use get a better understanding of the Web. Of course as is normal with Dad’s Taxi, this links site got to be almost unmanageable and before long, Yahoo shut down Geocities!
A majority of the links below this point refers to the archived versions of the site! The sites which still are are still working and worth your click!
If you want to see whether a link still is still active.. check it out by copying the URL from the Archive. Take the case of Mad Money Recap (Archive) and today’s version! It’s an interesting exercise that I think I’ll do when I revive Family Links into Dad’s Taxi with the updated links.. but that is an action item for another day!
I read Money magazine almost religiously every month and I came across this article that was great.
The 28 Best Money Sites. Below are some direct links to sites of interest
- Shopping – Are you a smart shopper?? It always pays to comparison shop, especially when you can get money back in your pocket via rebates and coupons to save more money!
- You know those mailers you get at home from Valpak? You can customize them for your zip-code. Use discount codes when you shop.
- My favorite site that I’ve used for a years now provide both on-line and off-line shopping
- Searching on the Web – Here I accumulated some sites for some interesting search engines. Of course Google is now the standard.. Remember InfoVista?
- Link Building Through Old GeoCities Links? (seroundtable.com)