This past Wednesday, as I was a conference call with my off-shore team in Mumbai, one of them told me that there were additonal attacks in Mumbai, India. At first I was shocked, then I was deeply saddened.
This past week Mumbai experienced another cowardly attack by terrorists. This attack hit home for me even more as one of the sites was where I roam when I’m visiting and it’s only a mile or so from where I live when I’m in Mumbai!
My best friend AK from Bharatbeat wrote and an absolutely wonderful article about this attack on our blog. The post describes how the common man’s interests are NOT the priority of the Indian government, and how the government does not seem to protect the the population. Each terrorist attack is a photo opportunity and an opportunity for the corrupt politicians in India to get face time in front of the cameras.
I could go on and on, but I won’t, as none of my rants will change anything in India. Sad but true..
Do you think that anything will change after the latest attacks? You can provide your opions at the BharatBeat FaceBook page or here..
Below are some articles related to the attack from a few days ago.
- 21 Killed in Mumbai Blasts (newser.com)
- India says terror attack kills 10, injures 54 (sfgate.com)
- How many times the same headline needs to be repeated? (thenewdimension.wordpress.com)
- Mumbai blasts raise terrorism concerns, but not calls for political change – Christian Science Monitor (news.google.com)
- Mumbai’s High Terror Risk (thedailybeast.com)
- Mumbai attacks spark outrage in city fed up with terrorism – Christian Science Monitor (news.google.com)
- 3 Mumbai bombings kill 21 in country’s worst terror attack since 2008 (nj.com)
- Editorial: More Horrors in Mumbai (nytimes.com)