I know, Dad’s Taxi has been on hiatus.. No updates in quite a while.. It doesn’t mean that I’m not here.
Honestly the past almost two years have been the most chaotic and dysfuncational time of my life. It’s been a long and winding road to where I am today.. Working to be at peace with myself… I never thought that would be a possibility, but as a friend of my said to me a few days ago on the tennis court.. “it’s a process which needs to be understood”. No idea how this applied during our tennis, but it sure applied to me in my life!
Sometimes in life, it’s best to step back and reflect internally and not publicize things that are happening in your life. At least until you are ready to publicize.. Let’s just leave it at that for now.
It’s hard to believe how fast this summer has gone by.. I blinked my eyes and it’s Mid-August. Only a few more weeks to Labor day and the “unofficial” end of the summer of 2014.
My Summer accomplishments (in no particular order)
- Recovering from multiple injuries (self-inflicted via Tennis and some stupidity when it comes to stairs!)
- Going to the Movies (by myself) whenever possible
- Spending time with my kids (when they had time for me).
- Spending time with my best friends doing things like hiking, tennis and just hanging out
- Taking my first vacation (a mini-vacation actually) to Wildwood and Capy May County NJ!. This was the highlight of this summer. Dad’s taxi was truly a taxi for my girls on this vacation!
- Going to Binghamton, NY to see a tennis tournament
- Getting in touch with my soul by meditation and connecting with god. This was something I really needed to do! With the chaos going on in my life, this was the only thing that kept me from going over the edge..
- I actually went off-line Facebook for almost a month.. Of course I posted some pictures, but I was not logging in to see what others were doing. This self imposed Facebook boycott was the most difficult thing for me to do. I realized that I had become such a facebook h
- First few weeks, I found myself gravitating to my smartphone to see how many “pokes” I had, whose “Birthday” was today, and just basically looking into the lives of my friends.. At first I thought I was being selfish, but I realized, that not being active in social media, allowed me to “go off the grid” and focus on myself!
Over the next few weeks, I’ll be going to Dallas for my annual visit.. for both fun and business!
Stay tuned as Dad’s Taxi “evolves”..