In my family, over the years, I’ve become known by many names (Besides Dad’s Taxi).
- Cheap Dad
- Frugal Dad
- “That was then, this is now dad”
- Coupon Boy
- Coupon Dad
Well I have to admit that what I like best to be called is Frugal Dad. My brother shared with me an article he read in Kiplinger’s and I just had to share it with my friends and vast legions of followers. Ok.. that’s an exaggeration.
When you read the 7 habits of highly frugal people, you may see yourself in parts of the article. Or you may not see yourself in any of the individuals described.
The best part of getting mail for me is getting:
- Val-Pak – Local coupons. Especially love the food coupons, and the Midas Oil change coupons.
- Money Mailer – Similar to Val-Pak, but more on household services, yet truly worth it
- Community Coupons – These are like little books you can carry in your car. To me this is a bonanza of savings in almost every category for my local pleasure. I get these quarterly and I pore over these coupons and I try not to go out for dinner without using one of these coupons
- Entertainment Book – Now I admit, I’m a junkie for entertainment coupons, but I just don’t use it enough to save money. I buy it every year and it just becomes an ornament. Yet this is the mother load for savings in your area
So next time someone calls you frugal.. Say “Yes I am, and proud of it”. You will probably have more money and less debt than the person calling you frugal.