Free and discounted movies from Redbox!
Here’s a deal for the Redbox fans, you can get weekly/monthly free movies as well as half price rentals via codes sent to your smartphone. A quick moving deal that will expire this week!
If you use Redbox for your DVD movies:
- From your SmartPhone text “DEALS” to 727272.
- You will get a confirmation back with coupon and deals from Redbox
Don’t forget to download the REDFLIX app for your iPhone to get more Promo codes you can use!
If you can’t achieve your new year’s resolutions, are you destined to repeat them? Perhaps..
Every year, I think to myself, what can be some of my New Year’s resolutions that I know that I will (not) keep? So this year, I decided to write some resolutions that I will not be able to attain in 2012, but will try to..
- Lose weight. The more the better. Every year I say, I’m going to lose 10 to 15 pounds and this year I went the reverse direction and gained. Not Good. I guess the “See Food” diet just doesn’t work. Either, I change this pattern in 2012, or, I’ll be facing more medical bills and ailments than I did this year..
- Be Debt Free: This year, financially was better than 2010, but I’m no closer to being debt free than I was last year.. It’s not like I spend more recklessley this year on credit cards, but chasing the moving target gets harder and harder. I’ve tried different stragegies to reduce debt, but it’s like I keep floating in the same pool of debt.. In 2012, I gotta think of a strategy that will really make a dent in my credit card balances, or I’ll be writing about it AGAIN next year at this time. Gotta figure out how to use less plastic and/or pay off what you buy… Both are good ideas in theory..
- Have 6 month cushion of Money – Yeah right.. Refer to “Be Debt Free”. Only difference now is that my household income has gotten a spike upwards, but that doesn’t mean, my savings to debt ratio has gotten better.. Sad but true. I guess the motto “the more you make, the more you spend” applies here”.
- Reduce my Medical Bills by taking care of my health.. Refer to bullet 1.. “Lose Weight”. It seems if I can’t do this, my medical bills will continue to go up every year..
- Make my other passion BharatBeat successful: In 2011, my partner and I made some progress by setting up a dedicated page on Facebook .. but getting people “LIKE” us continues to be a challenge. In 2012, our goal is to finally step out of our comfort zone and go all out… maybe people will “LIKE” us then?? We shall see
- Make strides in my Day Job – Actually 2011 was pretty good here for me… Enjoy my job, have a challenging position.. yet the rise to a higher pay scale continues to elude.. Yes, I know.. “Work hard and you shall succeed”..
Even with my cynical outlook, I do realize that what I have far exceeds my expectations of where I thought I would be as I hit the half century mark as well as well as 2011 draws to a close.. Now the question is what 2012 resolutions should I write that are actually attainable goals?
Indian’s government’s inability to protect the common man in India is shown by the terrorist attack in Mumbai.
This past Wednesday, as I was a conference call with my off-shore team in Mumbai, one of them told me that there were additonal attacks in Mumbai, India. At first I was shocked, then I was deeply saddened.
This past week Mumbai experienced another cowardly attack by terrorists. This attack hit home for me even more as one of the sites was where I roam when I’m visiting and it’s only a mile or so from where I live when I’m in Mumbai!
My best friend AK from Bharatbeat wrote and an absolutely wonderful article about this attack on our blog. The post describes how the common man’s interests are NOT the priority of the Indian government, and how the government does not seem to protect the the population. Each terrorist attack is a photo opportunity and an opportunity for the corrupt politicians in India to get face time in front of the cameras.
I could go on and on, but I won’t, as none of my rants will change anything in India. Sad but true..
Do you think that anything will change after the latest attacks? You can provide your opions at the BharatBeat FaceBook page or here..
Below are some articles related to the attack from a few days ago.
Dad’s Taxi and BharatBeat is proud to announce the re-launch of BharatBeat which is your first stop on the web for the Global South Asian!
Dad’s Taxi and BharatBeat is proud to announce the re-launch of Bharatbeat, your first stop on the web for the Global South Asian.
Bharatbeat is your first stop for the Global Indian. Regardless of where you are, we try to provide you with a one stop source for all things related India (Forums, Movie Reviews, Gossip, Indo-Links, Travel).
Our newest venue is a Forums site which is a chai-time based site where our members post questions on a variety of topics, read interesting articles and find answers to anything and everything. We are looking for volunteers to take an active role in monitoring and responding to issues/questions to enable a global discussion that impact the South-Asian community
In the BharatBeat Genie Forums, you can post feedback related to:
- Community Cafe – Debate, ReelTalk, NewsRoom, Cooking Recipes, and Tips and tricks for life!
- Moni Cafe – Savings and Deals Galore. Who doesn’t want a bargain?
- Tech Cafe – Brilliant solutions to your technology questions and of course Tips and techniques, Free Software and tools, Smartphone Lounge and Ringtones for your smartphone.
The forums site is your site to provide your feedback and start an active conversation with each other on a global scale!
With this relaunch we celebrate the one year anniversary of BharatBeat in which we have seen over 10,000 unique visitors!
BharatBeat is designed to showcase the diversity that defines today’s Global Beat of India and the South-Asian community!
FYI: I’ve had a new directory category on my side bar for sites where you can see various directory related information.
BharatBeat’s goal is be a community site where you the visitor can leave your input and be a contributor to our site. Email your suggestions on content and we will respond to you!
Introduction of BharatBeat – A Complete Indian Portal
Hi everyone.. Haven’t blogged for a few weeks as I was on vacation since mid December. Well it was great for the past few weeks, time marches forward and Dad’s taxi is ready for 2010.
Alas the new year is upon us and the End of Year Revelry is behind us.. Even though I typically utilize my end of year (annual) vacation to rest and rejuvenate, this year was anything but that, but that’s for another day.
I hope everyone had a great holiday and I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2010!
I want to share with everyone a new site that I’m collaborating on with a good friend of mine. He also happens to be decent tennis player.. which is a bonus.
Bharatbeat.com – This South Asian portal is a collaboration with a friend of mine and we will be re-launching in a few weeks. For the South Asian Community, this will be a one stop shop for everything that is from the Indian Subcontinent.
Our goal is to be the Net-Guide for the Indian Community. In addition to providing forums for a two way communication with our members, we will offer RSS feeds from news sites related to the Indian Sub-Continent.
On this site we will have links galore, as well as administered forums for real time questions and comments. We will also have News, Entertainment, Blog Rolls, Forums and of course the ability to search using both Bing and Google.
Dad’s taxi and BharatBeat will be tightly linked. You will have access to the links site from Dad’s Taxi on the BharatBeat Site.
Today we re-launched BharatBeat! Do stop by the site and take a look around..