For the past few days I’ve been thinking more and more about the events of this past week and needed an outlet to vent my anger. As the week progressed, I found myself getting angrier and angrier that cowards like the 2 brothers could bring a large city to its knees.
When I saw the blood stained US flag of one of the hero’s my rage started to boil over even more.
This week was a horrible week for many of us. As we saw in horror the terrorist attacks in Boston, I personally sat transfixed listening, reading about and watching the news feed both on-line, on the radio and on television the progression on how as these home-grown terrorists had justice served to them. These cowards (and I’m being generous with these words) killed and maimed innocents at Boston Marathon.
My personal reflections on this weeks events:
- Both of these cowards came to America as refugees and America opened their doors to these losers (as their uncles called them). The US Government took these boys from their war-torn country and gave them the opportunity to start a new life.
- The Russian government had given the US government a heads up on the older brother’s actions as well their suspicions in 2011!
- Why didn’t the US secret service keep the older brother on the watch list and keep an eye on him and his actions after his return from this 6 month visit to Russia?
- The 19-year-old younger brother was a recently naturalized citizen (on 9/11/12 – ironic isn’t it?), and was going to an American college on scholarship.
- How many millions and millions of dollars in resources did we spend to bring these terrorists to justice?
- How many millions and millions of dollars are we going to spend to keep the 19-year-old alive in the hospital, for the trial and in prison? At least the older one died violently which was a good thing.
- Are these weeks attacks a part of a larger nefarious act of a “sleeper terrorist cell” that is planning other attacks? How do we act quickly and exterminate these sleeper cells?
As a citizen, I applaud the tenacity at which the local and federal law enforcement officials collaborated to swiftly bring these 2 brothers to justice, These cowards kept Boston and the surrounding suburbs of Boston in terror for the past week. Without doubt the veracity and the swift actions of all the first responders, FBI, local police, and all law enforcement officers in Boston, showed our resolve and that these acts of cowardice will be met with swift justice.
I’m almost certain these home-grown terrorists would have done more harm to the innocent citizens of our nation of over the next few weeks. With the amount of explosives and firepower they had in their possession, it was obvious to me that the Marathon may just have been the first of many acts these horrific human beings had planned.
Some of the questions that raced through my mind during this week:
- To hear of a “All American” 19 year old turn into a terrorist is just disturbing.
- What made these 19 and 26 year old immigrants become such horrible human beings?
- What made them turn into menaces to the same society that embraced them and gave them the opportunity to have a good and prosperous life?
As I sit here writing this post, I have a sense that the other shoe has not yet dropped and the senseless act of terrorism that we saw this week in Boston may not be the end.
The one consistent lesson our country has taught terrorists we capture/kill:
“You can run, but you cannot hide from us – We are strong and unified.”
God bless America and I wish the speediest of recovery to the victims of this horrific act that we were all a witness to..
- Security theater moves to Act Two following arrest of Boston marathon bombing suspect (dprogram.net)
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect in custody (espn.go.com)
- No, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Is Not An Enemy Combatant. He Is A Criminal. (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Boston bombing suspect faces special interrogation (scotsman.com)
- FBI Hunting Terrorist ” Sleeper Cell ” In Connection With Tsarnaev Brothers (youviewed.com)