This week, the day that I dreaded finally came true. The days of Dad’s taxi came to an end.. No.. I’m not shutting down this blog!
My 17 year old daughter got her provisional driver’s license and now she is totally mobile with her own car.. A hand me down.. from my father. .. to her sister.. to her.. A 2003 Honda Civic with very very low miles..
Of course.. in my last attempt at maintaining some control I had to take some final steps to ensure her safety has she hit the perilous travails on the roads of Central New Jersey.
- I signed a contract with my 17 year old.. on what hours she can drive using her provisional license (6AM – 11PM).. Nothing outside those hours
- Only she can drive the car.. The car is NOT to be used by her BFF’s.
- She needs to tell mom/dad whenever she goes out as to her destination and must text/call us that she has arrived at her destination.
- She is responsible for ensuring car is in working order.. If any major maintenance is to be done, Mom/Dad will take care of it.
- She’s fully insured (Courtesy of Dear Dad).
- Drive defensively.. There is a reason why NJ has one of the highest insurance rates. If you live in NJ, you know what I mean by this.
- No Texting and driving! Phone is to be turned off whenever she gets in the car if she is the driver.
She even started taking the care to High School!
So Dad’s Taxi is now officially out of business.. Unless of course my girls want me to drive them around when they are home!
This Thanksgiving, Dad’s Taxi takes a left turn and talks about of being thankful and the end of the past and the beginning of the future…
For Dad’s Taxi, Thanksgiving is always the start of new beginnings and the end of times. I know many will say that makes no sense at all. Well the answer to that is Yes and No.
I was looking at the empty screen of my posting board and thinking that perhaps I’ll write about what I’m thankful for this year. Yet I knew that would just be a rehash of things that I’m thankful for every day. So I’m taking a left turn and writing more about that things that I found closure in this year, or as I call in my own way.. “The end of the Beginning”.
End of Times:
I’m grateful to my wife and kids for giving me all the materials that I get to write about. Without Dad’s Taxi and the postings I make here, I’m not sure whether, I’d be as thankful as I am today for what I have, regardless of where tomorrow takes me.
To all my family, friends, readers, supporters, and I’m thankful to each of you for making my life so interesting..
What are you thankful for?
Dad’s Taxi is evolving it’s content!
Over the next few weeks, Dad’s Taxi is going to be evolving.
I’ve already started by changing the content on:
- Indo-Links – Links that interest the South Asian readers
- Links – A Hot links page that contains sites that I have reviewed over the years.
- Fav-Links – Favorite Links that I continue to update almost on a daily basis as I review new sites.